1 kg mid-joint wings
400gm shallot (peeled only - retain whole piece)
4 stalks lemon grass/serai (smashed)
500 ml water
some salt to taste
1 cube of chicken stock
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1. Wash & drain dry the mid-joint wings, then season with some salt, leave aside for 30 mins.
2. After 30 mins, season with 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce & 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce, use a spoon to stir it until sticky or mix well and leave it aside for 30 mins.
3. After 30 mins, put the patted lemon grass, shallot, seasoned mid-joint wings and chicken stock cube into a claypot, add 500 ml water bring them to boil.
4. When see boiling bubbles, reduce to small fire to continue to boil for 30 mins.
5. 10 mins before time due, add seasoning to taste, then let it continue to boil for 10 mins, then off fire, to serve.
Note: This soup works well for a windy tummy, can be eaten by all members of the family.